Snowmobile Use Rules
Each year, the city receives numerous inquiries about the use of snowmobiles within its corporate limits. To help residents and operators understand what is and is not allowed, a summary of the city’s snowmobile ordinance is listed below.
- Snowmobile operation is prohibited in the following locations:
- sidewalks or walkways
- private property without permission of the owner/occupant
- city parks, playgrounds, skating rinks, school grounds, municipally-owned property (includes the city cemetery on Oliver Avenue by the railroad underpass), or other recreation areas
- Operation on city streets is limited to no faster than 15 m.p.h.
- Between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., no operation is allowed, except for one trip entering or leaving city limits.
- Operating in a manner that creates a loud, unnecessary, or unusual disturbance or interferes with the general peace and quiet of the city is prohibited.
A complete copy of this ordinance is available at city hall.
Residents who wish to report potential violations are asked to contact the Wright County Sheriff’s Department, 763-682-1162 (toll-free).
The Wright County Snowmobile Association maintains over 200 miles of trails in Wright County. Trail maps are available at city hall or from any member of the local Ridge Runners Snowmobile Club.